Additional help is available when you collect your food
Our Advocacy and Advice team are able to deal with many issues facing clients who need help with food. The service is totally free and confidential. We are members of Advice UK which regulates our services.
It is usually necessary to make an appointment to meet with an Advocate who will assess your need and offer the appropriate help and signposting.
We are able to offer help in a number of situations and will also signpost to other professional specialist services in the town.
Example of help we can provide :
- Helping clients identify and claim correct benefit entitlements
- Challenging and overturning decisions not to pay benefit
- Acting as intermediary with debt agencies on clients behalf
- Attending job centre interviews with clients
- Assisting clients going through relationship breakdown and in accessing legal advice
- Attending DWP medical appointments and benefit tribunals with clients
- Co-ordinating multi agency responses for clients with complex needs
- Writing letters and making telephone calls
- Assisting clients with on-line claim forms
- Providing fuel poverty advice
- Advice about housing options and assisted referral for specialist housing advice
- Employment advice and supporting clients with accessing mediation and making employment tribunal applications
- Supporting victims of domestic violence
- Support with accessing mental health services and liaising with health professionals
- Support with accessing counselling services
- Accompanying clients to GPs appointments
- Making referrals for vulnerable adults and children
- Making clients aware of their rights and responsibilities
- Providing quality listening time and using motivational interviewing techniques to support clients who struggle to engage with services and find positive change difficult.
- Help with identifying and carrying out action plans based on desired goals and outcomes