Here to help foodbank clients up and out of financial crisis
The advocacy and advice team’s role is to help get clients to a place where they no longer require emergency food support. The service is free and confidential. We are members of Advice UK which regulates our services.
We work with our clients to understand their income and expenditure and offer advice. We also signpost clients to other professional specialist services in the town.
Examples of help we can provide:
- Helping clients identify and claim correct benefit entitlements
- Challenging and overturning decisions not to pay benefit
- Attending DWP medical appointments and benefit tribunals with clients
- Writing letters and making telephone calls
- Assisting clients with online claim forms
- Referring for specialist housing advice
- Making clients aware of their rights and responsibilities
- Help with identifying issues and carrying out action plans based on agreed goals and outcomes