Caring for babies, toddlers & children in Eastbourne to get the best start possible
‘Best Start’ Baby Bank is a ‘More than Food’ project run by Eastbourne Foodbank.
We aim to provide the following to families facing difficult circumstances :
- Moses basket with ‘basics’ including clothing, nappies and a new mattress for expectant Mothers and Families.
- New Mum pack including sanitary items and hospital bag essentials
- Baby, toddler and children’s clothing, shoes, bedding and equipment
Central to providing these ‘Best start’ items we aim to :
- Raise money to purchase appropriate new items
- Raise awareness of the project with potential referrers
- Increase donations of ‘Best Start’ items to Eastbourne Foodbank
We have no set criteria for who can and cannot receive a baby package but all requests must come via referral from a health care professional, church or agency. We have created a process that is completely non judgemental.
Our aim is to provide hope and love in an otherwise difficult situation.
We believe every child has the right to start life with their basic needs met.
Best Start Baby Baskets
- New mattress / soft lining
- Size 0 – 1 nappies, cotton wool & nappy bags
- Travel or disposable changing mat
- Vest, sleep suits and first clothes
- Hats, mits & socks
- Muslins, bibs & baby towels
- Blankets & sheets
- Baby toiletries
- Soft toy
Best Start Mum to be
- Maternity pads
- Disposable maternity knickers
- Breast pads
- Pamper / bag toiletries
- Chocolate & energy drinks
Best Start essentials
- Clean, unstained items of clothing
- Shoes, boots & wellies (all sizes)
- Bedding including clean sheets, sleeping bags, duvets & sets
- Moses baskets, bouncers, pushchairs, travel systems, baby gym, bath & inserts etc
LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND
All items are dependant on availability at the time of request